Re: -Events-

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 11:57:01 CEST

Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> > I'd use white shirts since lighter material is more friendly while
> > dark material is dark and represents sadness. Also, logos on light
> > shirts are easier distinguishable than logos on dark shirts, except
> > you use large plain spaces with light colors - but the Debian logo
> > is too filigrane for it.
> Nothing against your personal feelings about black but I've got the
> feeling that LinuxTag was becoming "darker" compared to last year because
> much more tie wearing people entered. I personally bought a black shirt

That's a very fortunate development. LinuxTag won't be able without
business. As much as LinuxTag won't be able without community. Both
are essential and vital to LinuxTag. Hence, I can only hope that
business recognition will grow even more - which would mean that we
can spend more money on the community to improve their appearence and
features. (so much from one core LinuxTag team member)

> and a black polo shirt at LinuxTag with the Debian Swirl. It is clearly
> visible and I prefer it because it looks more serious (quite apropriate
> for me because I'm sort of increasing the average age at the Debian
> booth ... ;-) ).

No problem, and no need for me to comment on it again, since both are
personal opinions and people are free to ignore at least what I'm
saying on this issue. (just so people don't get me wrong). I'm
happy with anything that improves Debian.

Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessarily a good idea.