Re: Update CD-Covers

From: Christian Weerts (christian@familie-weerts.de)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 13:31:33 CEST

Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> * Christian Weerts [Fri, Jun 13 2003, 08:54:40PM]:
>
> > please take a look at the Covers and comment on them.
>
> To Frontcover:
>
> the left bottom corner looks a bit empty. I suggest either placing a
> meta-logo (like PC-CDROM known from game packages) there, or Linux and
> Credativ logos. They do not look good on their current position anyways,
> like beeing "pressed" by other elements into a corner.
>
> To backcover:
>
> Similarly. Why are the round logos not in the same group as others. Why
> have they to be on the "smallest" part of the path between the border
> and the swirl?

The places of the logos are open since I have the logos of the other
sponsors. Then is a positioning quite useful.

> The URLs are somehow missplaced. They should either a) be oriented at
> the swirl or b) centred relatively to the text paragraph before. In both
> cases sorted to the descending length.

Yes. I was undetermined of that. So I would hear more comments ;).

> To the CD label:
>
> - not symetrical
> - Credativ and Linuxtag logos not on the same height

See above.

> - No space for the Univention and Lehmanns logos?

Of course. I add them with the other logos.

> - "3.0 Woody ..." is too high.

I correct that.

> General question: what about renaming 3.0 to 3.0+X, since we have some
> backports aboard?

Maybe a proposal for the "Meta-Logo" on the front?

> Ans somehow, I liked the "planet Debian" covers more.

I became more votes for the sign-cover.

Gruss,
        Christian

--