Re: Northern Europe travel info

From: Peter Makholm (peter@makholm.net)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 13:01:42 CEST

Enrico Zini <enrico@debian.org> writes:

> Now, I still lack road info for Denmark, Sweden and Norway:

For Denmark:

> - Are there toll roads? If yes, how much do they cost?
> - Are there crossing fees for some special places? (bridges,
> ferries, tunnels, cities, national boundaries...)

The only toll roads are the bridges between Funen and Zeeland and
between Copenhagen and Malmø.

For a normal car I think the prices are:

Funen-Zeeland (Storebæltsbroen): 245 DKK
Copenhagen-Malmø (Øresundsbroen): 225 DKK / 17 Euro

1 Euro is about 7.50 DKK.

> - How much do petrol (benzin) and gasoline (diesel) cost per liter?

I don't have a car so I have really no idea. About 7 DKK/l for petrol
and 6 DKK/l for gasoline I think.

> - What is the best way to cross from Denmark to Norway (or Sweden) ?

Either you go by car over Sweden or you drive to the northern Jutland
and take a ferry directly to Oslo. By ferry from Jutland you could
either go to Hirtshals <http://www.colorline.com/> or to Frederikshavn
<http://www.stenaline.com/>.

> - Is there some crossing route that is both cheap and does not require
> booking in large advance?

There is nowhere on the route over sweden where you need to book in
advance.

--
 Peter Makholm     |        We constantly have to keep in mind why natural
 peter@makholm.net |    languages are good at what they're good at. And to