Re: Northern Europe travel info

From: Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 07:28:06 CEST

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 12:19:09AM +0200, Tobias Wolter wrote:
> On 2003-06-10T22:09:33+0200 (Tuesday), Enrico Zini wrote:
>
> > - I heard of a Deutsche Bahn Schönste Wochenende Ticket that offers
> > miracle fares when travelling during the week end. Could someone
> > give more info, like:
> > - How much does it cost
> > - Where do you buy it
> > - What can you do with it
> > - How many people can travel with it
> > - What is its range of validity
> > - What people do usually use it for
>
> Happy-Weekend-Ticket
>
> For up to 5 persons traveling together and for parents traveling with
> their children aged 18 and under on Saturdays or Sundays between 12
> a.m. until 3 a.m. of the following day for only EUR 28,-. Valid on all
> local trains, 2nd class only.
> http://www.bahn.de/pv/int_guest/offers/pv2_offers_national.shtml#1
>
> Should be available everywhere where the DB sells tickets.
>
> And is usually used for groups to travel somewhere or when you've got
> time and the normal ticket is too expensive when planning a weekend
> trip.
>
> > From the voices I heard about it it would be worth considering buying
> > such a ticket in group to move from Karlsruhe to Kiel and then cross by
> > ferry without a car.
>
> If it's weekend. But it might take you some time to get there...

I did offenburg (60 km south of karlsruhe) bremen in 12-14 hours if i
remember well, so going from karlsruhe to Kiel should be at least 14
hours if not more, and you will probably be changing train around 6-7
times. That said, it is nice, because you change train every 1-2 hours,
and so the trip is not so boring. It would be the cheapest solution, maybe,
altough we could consider renting a bus for doing the karlsruhe->oslo
trip, if there are enough peopl interested.

Friendly,

Sven Luther