Re: Northern Europe travel info

From: Tobias Wolter (tobias.wolter@epost.de)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 00:19:09 CEST

On 2003-06-10T22:09:33+0200 (Tuesday), Enrico Zini wrote:

> - I heard of a Deutsche Bahn Schönste Wochenende Ticket that offers
> miracle fares when travelling during the week end. Could someone
> give more info, like:
> - How much does it cost
> - Where do you buy it
> - What can you do with it
> - How many people can travel with it
> - What is its range of validity
> - What people do usually use it for

Happy-Weekend-Ticket

For up to 5 persons traveling together and for parents traveling with
their children aged 18 and under on Saturdays or Sundays between 12
a.m. until 3 a.m. of the following day for only EUR 28,-. Valid on all
local trains, 2nd class only.

http://www.bahn.de/pv/int_guest/offers/pv2_offers_national.shtml#1

Should be available everywhere where the DB sells tickets.

And is usually used for groups to travel somewhere or when you've got
time and the normal ticket is too expensive when planning a weekend
trip.

> From the voices I heard about it it would be worth considering buying
> such a ticket in group to move from Karlsruhe to Kiel and then cross by
> ferry without a car.

If it's weekend. But it might take you some time to get there...

-towo

--
 No  Points     Name                                                   Hp [max]
  1    4688080  Freya-Val-Hum-Fem-Law ascended to demigoddess-hood.   200 [203]