Webb.it 03 report

From: Federico Di Gregorio (fog@initd.org)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 00:55:47 CEST

    Hi * and welcome to my third annual report on webb.it. This year the
    webb.it was held from 9th to 11th of May in Padova (Padua), ITALY. There
    where two really big area, one with the "commercial" sponsors[1] and the
    other with the community islands[2,3]. Debian and lots of other free
    software groups were donated a couple of booths[4,5] near the OpenBSD
    and BeOS people. Both areas had about 20 rooms were the people from the
    various communities and from the companies held a total of 1000+
    workshops.

    During the opening hours we meet a lot of people interested in free
    software, installed debian on some machines, signed gpg keys,
    pertecipated (and held) the workshops and showed to visitors a cluster
    of 4 XBox running Debian[6]. We also sold more than 300 t-shirts (look
    at the peoplewearing them in the photo galleries); the money will be
    partly used to pay the next round of merchandise and partly sent to SPI.

    At night members of the various communities gathered to hack (a little),
    chat (some in RL, some in IRC) and drink (a lot, especially during last
    night[7,8]).

    Some photos:

    [1] <nobody wanted to photograph the microsoft stand!>
    [2] http://www.flexer.it/contents/gallery/webbit03/w03_046.html
    [3] http://www.flexer.it/contents/gallery/webbit03/w03_047.html
    [4] http://images.superdido.com/gallery/w03gervy/IM001615
    [5] http://www.flexer.it/contents/gallery/webbit03/w03_039.html
    [6] http://www.flexer.it/contents/gallery/webbit03/w03_013.html
    [7] http://www.flexer.it/contents/gallery/webbit03/w03_033.html
    [8] http://www.flexer.it/contents/gallery/webbit03/w03_025.html

    Complete photo galleries are available at the following urls:

    http://images.superdido.com/gallery/w03ryo
    http://images.superdido.com/gallery/w03gervy
    http://www.flexer.it/contents/gallery/webbit03

    A big thank to all Debian developers and users that partecipated.

    federico

    --
    Federico Di Gregorio
    Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog@debian.org