Re: [Peter.Schmitz@heise.de: Re: Freie Linux-Distributionen und das neues JuSchG (was: Gesetzestuecken)]

From: Sven Hoexter (sven@timegate.de)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 17:30:52 CEST

    On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 03:46:57PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:

    Hi,

    > I've sent a mail to the c't-reporter who wrote an article about the new
    > law in germany regarding computer games in the latest edition of the c't
    > computer magazine. This is his answer below. Sorry that it's in german
    > and please note that this is no legal advice.
    >
    > In short, if we want to respect the laws, it seems we either have to pay
    > *loads* of money to get the games approved or we dump the games from the
    > CD. Furthermore, we'd have to make sure that debian-junior games are
    > also classified (which they are probably not) and would have to check
    > IDs from the kids. IOW: This would probably be too cumbersome to do,
    > what a pity.
    Looks like we have to dump the games.

    We have the following games (or packages relatet with games) on the CD ATM:
    junior-games-card
    ace-of-penguins
    junior-games-sim
    freeciv
    lincity
    freeciv-gtk
    freeciv-xaw3d
    lincity-x
    junior-games-text
    bsdgames
    moon-buggy
    moon-buggy-esd
    junior-puzzle
    codebreaker
    gtans
    lmemory
    rocks-n-diamonds
    xjig
    nethack
    nethack-common
    nethack-x11
    netris
    tuxracer
    tuxracer-data
    xscavenger
    xtris

    I hope this list is complete. Please double check! The whole package list
    is here: ftp://hxt.homelinux.org/1_NONUS.packages_v4

    > Warum beschaffen Sie sich nicht für die CD-ROM mit der Programmsammlung
    > eine USK-Einstufung? (www.usk.de) Wenn Sie diese CD dann für die
    > Vorführterminals einsetzen und eine Kennzeichnung "ab 6" oder "ab 12"
    > bekommen haben, dürfte es keine Probleme geben - natürlich muss nach dem
    > Buchstaben des Gesetzes selbst dann gewährleistet sein, dass etwa keine
    > Zehnjährigen ein Spiel "ab 12" ausprobieren. Die normale Prüfung kostet
    > 1000 Euro und dauert bis zu 14 Tage. Sie bezieht sich immer auf den
    > gesamten Träger, nicht etwa auf jedes einzelne Spiel. Damit wären Sie dann
    > in jeder hinsicht auf der sicheren Seite.
    This is so brain dead! We should pay 1000EUR to get legitimation so that we're
    allowed to provide games on the CD.

    I'm absolutly unsure what to do next. This law is a desaster.

    Sven

    --
    It really sucks to give your heart to a girl
    You want to know her like she knows the whole world