Re: Re: CeBIT

From: Michael Meskes (meskes@debian.org)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 12:32:18 CET

    On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 10:57:49PM +0100, Michael Bramer wrote:
    > - Don't use KDE. (KDE is not evil, but the visitors see this on _any_

    Why not?

    > linux like booth.) You can install it, you can start a second X

    This doesn't look like a reason. I don't think we have be different than
    the rest by just not showing KDE. For most would-be-users the biggest
    task is realizing that Debian is a valid Linux system but just better in
    many areas. By nor showing KDE you just make this step harder to
    accomblish.

    Also keep in mind that many newbies need the easy GUI desperately.

    Michael

    --
    Michael Meskes
    Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De