Re: nochmals wegen der CD / DVD zum LT

From: Sven Hoexter (sven@telelev.net)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 15:32:49 CET

    On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 10:36:24AM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
    > Michael Bramer wrote:
    > > On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 08:35:21PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
    > > > Sorry folks, I'm a bit lost now. Could you drop me some details
    > > > that I should add to <http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2003/>?
    > >
    > > no problem:
    > > Sven Hoexter <sven@telelev.net> will master the LT2003 CD.
    >
    > Well, that part I got already. I was more asking about whether it'll
    > be a CD or a DVD and if a DVD what kind of DVD and what will be put
    > on it. That's what I wasn't able to gather from the discussion since
    > there were too may concurring opinions.
    ATM I'm preparing for a woody CD as the base with packages from main and
    non-us/main. I thought about including some backportet packages from sarge or
    sid like mozilla but I'm still not sure if it is a wise idea cause they would
    not receive security updates. How did you deal with such issue in the past?
    Last year woody was nearly stable so the packages where relativly fresh. This
    year woody will be outdated for desktop use and sarge will be in the middle
    of the gcc 3.2 transition (maybe ;)
    My local mirror is ready now so I'll start to play with debian-cd in the next
    days. I expect some productive results within the next two weeks then we can
    discuss about the content of the CD again.
    So everything is vague ATM.

    Sven

    --
    Revolution is not a dinner party, not an essay, nor a painting, nor a piece of
    embroidery; it cannot be advanced softly, gradually, carefully, considerately,