Re: nochmals wegen der CD / DVD zum LT

From: Michael Bramer (grisu@debian.org)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 07:51:15 CET

    On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:31:13PM +0100, Sven Hoexter wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > ok I try to continue this discussion in english now. Hope its ok for you to
    > have a language cocktail here ;-/

    no problem...

    > > nicht das wir uns falsch verstehen:
    > > Ich meine eine (x)dialog Oberfläche für Knoppix, die die CDs erzeugt
    > > und brennt. Nichts mit 'fat', nichts mit 'Windows', nichts mit '10
    > > Seiten' oder 'Aufwand'.
    > Ahh and where do you want to store the iso? AFAIK on the fly creation of
    > a bootable cd is something quite complex ... ah and don't try to think of
    > a 650MB ramdisk ;) (Ok I have 1GB RAM in this box here but that is not
    > average I think)

    This is not a real problem. The 'knoppix' is in real one 'finished' 1.44
    boot-fd and one directory with <10 Files (one of this files is really
    big).

    You can build the iso on the fly, without a ramdisk, only with pipes.

    > > Also wer hat Zeit, Lust, >=DSL und einen Brenner? (Können braucht man
    > > nicht, das bekommt man im Zweifel von selber...)
    > well ok. I've DSL a CD burner and about 21GB of free disk space and only a vague
    > idea of the process mastering such a CD or DVD. I've just read through the
    > debian-cd README but I think I've to read and try a little bit more bevor I'm ready
    > to start to do something productive.

    please start with it. download debian-cd and make the first images, burn
    the first image and try it. Read the log files and understand how you
    can choose the packages for the first CD.

    Maybe you can produce some package list from the last LT-CD. Have you
    this CD?

    > I'm willing to help you where I can if you decide to be the "Master of desaster" ;)

    Maybe I can coordinate this, but I don't master a cd.

    Make a first try and upload this to some web space, maybe with jigdo...

    > > Ich könnte mir schon überlegen, dieses als erstes Projekt für den LT zu
    > > machen. Ich selber komme seit einer Woche an einen DVD-Brenner mit
    > > DSL-Anschluß dran. (habe selber nur ISDN, keinen DVD-Brenner (den ich
    > > mir aber kaufen könnte))
    > Well sounds good and I remember that we talked about doing it for 2003 on the last
    > social event. Thought it was a joke but now it looks reasonable.

    mybe we make a DVD next year...

    > > Erfahrung braucht der nicht, wenn wir (bzw. er) jetzt anfängt. Wir haben
    > > noch genug Zeit die Fehler zu finden...
    > aehm "wir" would be ok :) Myself alone against it is a never ever this year ;)

    only one can make the master. The other can test the CD and write mails
    like '-kde* +gnome*' ...

    Start working!

    Gruss
    Grisu

    --
    Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
    "A system without Perl is like a hockey game without a fight."  -- Mitch Wright