Re: nochmals wegen der CD / DVD zum LT

From: Eduard Bloch (edi@gmx.de)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 21:59:55 CET

    #include <hallo.h>
    * Sven Hoexter [Thu, Jan 23 2003, 09:31:13PM]:

    > > Ich meine eine (x)dialog Oberfläche für Knoppix, die die CDs erzeugt
    > > und brennt. Nichts mit 'fat', nichts mit 'Windows', nichts mit '10
    > > Seiten' oder 'Aufwand'.
    > Ahh and where do you want to store the iso? AFAIK on the fly creation of
    > a bootable cd is something quite complex ... ah and don't try to think of
    > a 650MB ramdisk ;) (Ok I have 1GB RAM in this box here but that is not
    > average I think)

    Why? For the compression utility? In the last version (in Sid), there is
    a more efficient tool that does not need to keep the whole image in the
    memory while compressing it.

    > > ok, vielleicht sind meine Erfahrungen wirklich was einseitig, wenn ich
    > > hier so großen Wiederspruch bekomme.
    > or you just lost the view of the averrage user ;) I think I've lost it too
    > but my (girl)friend brings me back to the roots sometimes.

    Ack. An average user wants hardware detection, a simple short selection
    of idiot-proof packages with idiot-proof defaults. Something Knoppix and
    Mandrake can provide, but Debian cannot.

    Gruss/Regards,
    Eduard.

    --
    Wie man sein Kind nicht nennen sollte: