Re: Linuxtag 2002 - report from the swedish guy

From: Jon Åslund (d98-jas@nada.kth.se)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 06:04:27 CEST

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 12:24:44AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Hmm... I remember you... you said "Hi", and I said "Who are you",
> while you answered "Ich bin der Schwede." - very confusing... :-)

I remember that as well. Everyone were refering to me as the Swedish
guy, so after a while I started to introducing myself as "Jon, the
Swedish guy" or "Alter Schwede". You looked mighty confused. :)

> You mentioned the UnitedLinux effort, you may also want to mention
> that somebody from Debian (i.e. me) was forced to join the podium for
> an expert chat (unbelievable, I'm not even close to an expert)
> covering UnitedLinux. The log is at http://www.heise.de/chat/
> somewhere.

Ah, thanks. Added a little link. I almost thought everyone had
forgotten about it. Weird chat though. It was filled with strange
questions about per-seat licenses etc. What goes on in those people's
heads?

> Oh, and I'm going to link to your diary from www.debian.org. That's
> pretty good, I always wanted to see some diary like pages for LinuxTag.

Mine is actually the only one I have found (ok, I haven't looked that
hard and it wasn't so hard to find my own :), although there are a
bunch of sites showing photos from Linuxtag.

--
___\ Jon Åslund