Re: LT review...

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 22:53:42 CEST

Russell Coker wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:00, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > - DebianDay
> > I can't say something about this day. I was not in karlsruhe..
>
> I think that it should have been more integrated with the main LinuxTag and
> had it's program published. Also it should have been on the day before (the
> same time as the boring business day) and not conflict with other technical
> talks that Debian people would want to see.

What we did was the most integration that we can get: i.e. publish the
program all over (well, could be improved), produce handouts (was
forgotton by me, sorry) and announced on the web pages.

I was told that I should not interfere with the main conference
schedule, which is fine with me.

But anyway, what kind of integration are you thinking about? I'm
always open for improvements as long as I can somehow manage to
implement them without badly interfering with other parts of the
event.

Regarding the day on which Debian day was held, this is open for
discussion. I'm more than happy to have special conferences next to
the business congress instead of having them next to the free
conference tracks. However, both Debian and PHP wanted to have their
own conference on a different day and not on Thursday.

Again, I'd be more than happy to add such things to Thursday instead
of Friday, but I'll try to implement what ever the Debian people like.

Life is a lot easier when you have someone to share it with.  -- Sean Perry