Linux@Work Brussels: a week later

From: Wouter Verhelst (wouter@debian.org)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 20:36:46 CEST

Hi

I didn't realize that this is a habit here, but since people seem to
be giving after-event reviews of every event here, and since Frederic and
I have manned the booth at linux@work in Brussels, I think I'll share my
thoughts...

- The accomodation was quite good, except for one little thing: the booth
was in the basement, while the talks were at ground level. I have the
feeling that quite a lot of people didn't come downstairs, which is a
pitty -- although I had the feeling that the numbers were quite low
anyway. However, we received what was promised: one of those things that
allow you put up some posters, a table and a cable with 4 power
outlets). We even got free drinks and food ;-)
- I received 4 extra T-Shirts from Joost van Baal, which I sold at the
price of 15 euros. There were no leftovers.
- Frederic printed 250 flyers, of which 200 were B&W, and 50 in
color, all of them in French at one side, and in Dutch at the other. There
were quite some leftovers, and Frederic took most of those home (I have
about 30-40 B&W versions).
- Frederic also printed a nice banner with the Debian logo on it, about 1
meter wide and 1,5 meter high.

That's about it, I think. Frederic, if there's anything I forgot, or
anything you were thinking about that I didn't mention, please share that
too. Thanks.

--
wouter at grep dot be

"Human knowledge belongs to the world" -- From the movie "Antitrust"