Re: T-Shirts for the booth - and visitors

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Mon May 27 2002 - 03:08:30 CEST

Sorry for the language fuckup, this wasn't intentional and all two
non-German speaking people who listen here and who we will meet at
LinuxTag should be able to understand it.

Here's a rough translation.

Martin Schulze wrote:
> Die Wahl für die T-Shirts fiel für dieses Jahr auf den Vorschlag mit
> der Nr. 5. Persönlich freut mich das, da es Espy posthum noch einmal
> für seine Arbeit an Freier Software und Debian ehrt.

The choice for this year's t-shirts were made and proposal 5 won.
Personally, I'm quite happy that you choose this motive because it
honors Espy posthum for his work and dedication to Free Software and
Debian.

> Als T-Shirt haben wir uns nicht für ein weißes, sondern auch für ein
> graues entschieden. Es ist allerdings nicht langweilig grau, sondern
> meliert und besteht aus reiner Baumwolle (160g, ist also dicker als
> die meisten normalen T-Shirts).

The base t-shirt won't be a white one but a greying one (grey with
horizontal structures). It's made of 100% cotton (160g, so it's
thicker than the averate shirt you may know).

> Wenn ich mich bei der Kalkulation nicht verhauen habe, dann komme ich
> mit einem Preis von 10 Euro hin. Pro T-Shirt werde ich 2 EUR an den
> ffis e.V. spenden. Die restlichen 8 Euronen decken die Kosten der
> Herstellung plus etwas Luft für unvorhergesehenes.

Assuming I didn't fuckup the calculation and the prices I got match
the current ones, without any unforseen disaster, the price pro
t-shirt will be EUR 10.00. I'm going to donate EUR 2.00 per shirt to
ffis e.V., an SPI-like association that supports Debian in Germany.
The remaining money should pay for manufacturing the shirts, assuming
nothing unforseen happens.

> Hier ist das Motiv mit ungefaehr den endgueltigen Farben:

Here's the motive with similar colours like on the final t-shirt:

> http://luonnotar.infodrom.org/~joey/LT/2002/t-shirt-blue.png
>
> Hier die Original-Datei

Here's the original file

> http://luonnotar.infodrom.org/~joey/LT/2002/t-shirt.ps
>
> Der Source fliegt gleich ins CVS.

Which is at http://cvs.infodrom.org/goodies/t-shirts/morons/?cvsroot=debian
in about 7 hours (it's a mirror).

> Damit haben wir drei unterschiedliche T-Shirts am Stand:

So at the booth, we're going to have three different t-shirts:

> . 50x Debian Swirl Tux von Lehmanns Buchhandlung
>
> . 40x Debian from grisu
>
> . 200x from the ones above, limited edition (I don't think that I'm
> going to remake them again)
>
> We're also going to have Debian Apt mugs.
>
> And we're going to have our wonderful CDs.
>
> And Debian Day is organized as well.
>
> I guess we're done with most of it, Russell can bring the Woody. :)

Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.