Unidentified subject!

From: Josef Astner (joastner@dnet.it)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 17:05:21 CEST

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 20:09:13 +0200
From: Christian Weerts <chw@ffis.de>
To: Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org>
Subject: Re: CD-Cover

* Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [020513 00:23]:

> Hmbf. Im getting used to qiv, one more non-free s/w to ditch, can't
> somebody fix that program instead? Which viewer do you propose
> instead?

[...]

> > > I can provide an EPS, does GIMP eat that?
> >
> > He does, but i have the EPS already. I get it in b/w but i
> > colored it.
>
> Btw. if possible, try to use the LT yellow (see website) for the logo
> (0xFFD000).

I'll try my very best ;)

> In 2002 there was a sticker (circle with bars) and "untested BETA!"
> printed on the cover as well. It may be good to discuss if we need
> that as well - just in case Woody doesn't get released in time.

I'm working on this.

> > > . Black on dark grey (left side, left+above) is not easy to read.
> > > Better use a light background.
> >
> > You mean the DFSG, i think. In my new work i kicked it. My
> > wife was confused, and she could'nt read as well, so i
> > thought the front-cover looks better without it. Perhaps I
> > place it on the back-cover for the background.
>
> No, I seem to recall that the above statement referred to the Text
> "debian".

Humpf. Today i saw the images in the IE 5.0,
and must say the background is to dark! I'll set the whole
background to white instead of grey and set the hand to more
transparency perhaps.

> > > With the current design... I had some problems, since there is not
> > > enough free space on the right side and the artwork is too cool and
> > > interesting to be printed over by a logo. :-)
> >
> > That was also my thought, and i think we could place the
> > logos on the back-cover at the top and on the CD itself in
> > black. It could be enough honor for the sponsors.
>
> You'll have to negotiate for that with grisu who has to negotiate with
> the sponsors, but I'd rather expect the logos to be placed at the
> cover, just like it was done for the last two years.

Ok. Give me the logos and we will see ;)

> > What about the LinuxTag logo? Should it be placed on the
> > front- or back-cover. As long as i know, LinuxTag isn't a
> > sponsor or give something else to the Debian-LT02-CD. Or
> > what?
>
> I'd say that it belongs to the front cover. LinuxTag is a *large*
> sponsor, they pay for the booth and take the hassle to ensure it'll
> actually be there.

Sure, I don't think about that part.

> Also this is the LinuxTag edition, so why not placing the common logo
> of it on the cover, people know it and can associate the CD with the
> correct event.

Right.

> > When we take the hand on the front-cover we must also honor
> > the photographer who made this work. Most likely she saw it
> > on the front-cover as big as we can ;). But i wrote her that
> > we only could place it on the back-cover (like all the other
> > sponsors). I'm still waiting for her answer...
>
> Can you provide proposals how to give her credit? In newspapers there
> would be a small (6pt, 4pt) note "Picture: Helen Horrible", maybe
> rotated by -90°

I will see when placed the Sponsor logos.

> Regards,
>
> Joey

Greets,
   Christian

--
May the Source be with you...

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 21:03:14 +0200 From: hobbes@easynet.be (Rémi Letot) To: debian-events-eu@lists.debian.org Subject: Re: LT CD, Second Try

Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> writes:

> Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> writes: >> 1st draft: http://luonnotar.infodrom.org/~joey/LT/2002/README.linuxtag

> Someone there wo wants to translate that file to German/French?

Contact me directly at hobbes@easynet.be when the file is ready for a French translation. I might not be able to follow the list in the near future (new incoming baby), but I'll follow my personal mailbox.

-- Rémi

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 20:29:02 +0200 From: Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> To: debian-events-eu@lists.debian.org Subject: CD-Image-Download URL

Hello Joerg

Thanks for your work, but I have a question: Can you post some download-URL(s) of your cd-image?

Last year we test the image 2-3 Weeks and we don't find all bugs...

We must start testing the CD _now_ (or even better yesterday)!

Gruss Grisu -- Michael Bramer - a Debian Linux Developer http://www.debsupport.de PGP: finger grisu@db.debian.org -- Linux Sysadmin -- Use Debian Linux "Herr, schmeiss Hirn vom Himmel ... ;-)" "Wozu? es wuerde vermutlich ohnehin die falschen Treffen... ;-)" -- Hannes Birnbacher und Juergen Ilse

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 21:16:17 +0200 From: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> To: Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> Subject: Re: CD-Image-Download URL

Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> writes:

> Thanks for your work, but I have a question: > Can you post some download-URL(s) of your cd-image?

people.debian.org/~joerg after my next build. This evening i think. I have to fix the Bug in the Image from yesterday. :)

I post a message here if it is up. (with 128kbit it is not fast :)) )

> Last year we test the image 2-3 Weeks and we don't find all bugs... > We must start testing the CD _now_ (or even better yesterday)!

You will never find all bugs but we need tests now, yes :) I upload the CD this evening/night.

-- begin OjE-ist-scheisse.txt bye, Joerg Encrypted Mail preferred! Registered Linux User #97793 @ http://counter.li.org end

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:39:06 +0200 From: Christian Weerts <cw@familie-weerts.de> To: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> Subject: Re: CD-Image-Download URL

* Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> [020513 21:16]: > Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> writes: > > > Thanks for your work, but I have a question: > > Can you post some download-URL(s) of your cd-image? > > people.debian.org/~joerg after my next build. > This evening i think. I have to fix the Bug in the Image from > yesterday. :) > > I post a message here if it is up. (with 128kbit it is not fast :)) ) >

I would add an text like this on the CD-itself or on the back-cover: Starten der Installation: Sie können den PC von dieser CD booten, die Installation von DOS aus starten, indem Sie im Verzeichnis \install "boot" aufrufen, oder Disketten erzeugen und den PC damit booten. Deutschsprachige Dokumentation finden Sie im Verzeichnis \install\doc\de und Handbücher in \books.

Can you verify the path in the text? Is there an 'INSTALL'-file on the CD? Could you send it to me?

Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 00:01:59 +0200 From: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> To: Christian Weerts <christian@familie-weerts.de> Subject: Re: CD-Image-Download URL

Christian Weerts <cw@familie-weerts.de> writes:

>> people.debian.org/~joerg after my next build. >> This evening i think. I have to fix the Bug in the Image from >> yesterday. :) >> I post a message here if it is up. (with 128kbit it is not fast :)) ) > I would add an text like this on the CD-itself or on the > back-cover:

Back-Cover. Same thing is in English as README.[txt|html] there.

> Starten der Installation: Sie können den PC von dieser CD > booten, die Installation von DOS aus starten, indem Sie > im Verzeichnis \install "boot" aufrufen, oder Disketten > erzeugen und den PC damit booten. > Deutschsprachige Dokumentation finden Sie im Verzeichnis > \install\doc\de und Handbücher in \books.

Only if you give me German Doc. We have en, ca, cs, da, it but no de. Do i miss something?

Books is not there. Say me what i should add there.

Iso builds fine now. Uploading starts in the next hour.

> Can you verify the path in the text?

install/boot.bat is fine. You should add some more for the Diskimages: /dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44 erwähnen should be mentioned as the location of the images.

> Is there an 'INSTALL'-file on the CD? Could you send it to > me?

The Readme.txt includes a install part. See Private Mail.

Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 00:48:07 +0200 From: Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> To: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> Subject: Re: CD-Image-Download URL

Joerg Jaspert wrote: > Christian Weerts <cw@familie-weerts.de> writes: > > >> people.debian.org/~joerg after my next build. > >> This evening i think. I have to fix the Bug in the Image from > >> yesterday. :) > >> I post a message here if it is up. (with 128kbit it is not fast :)) ) > > I would add an text like this on the CD-itself or on the > > back-cover: > > Back-Cover. Same thing is in English as README.[txt|html] there. > > > Starten der Installation: Sie können den PC von dieser CD > > booten, die Installation von DOS aus starten, indem Sie > > im Verzeichnis \install "boot" aufrufen, oder Disketten > > erzeugen und den PC damit booten. > > Deutschsprachige Dokumentation finden Sie im Verzeichnis > > \install\doc\de und Handbücher in \books. > > Only if you give me German Doc. We have en, ca, cs, da, it but no de. > Do i miss something?

As far as I know they should be generated from the boot-floppies source. If not, please contact Othmar <othmar@debian.org> and maybe Joy <josip@debian.org> to find out what went wrong and/or to get the current German files.

> Iso builds fine now. Uploading starts in the next hour. > > > > Can you verify the path in the text? > > install/boot.bat is fine. > You should add some more for the Diskimages: > /dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44 erwähnen should be > mentioned as the location of the images.

Isn't that linked into the install directory?

-- No question is too silly to ask, but, of course, some are too silly to answer. -- Perl book

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 06:49:59 +0200 From: Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> To: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> Subject: Re: CD-Image-Download URL

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 09:16:17PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote: > Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> writes: > > > Thanks for your work, but I have a question: > > Can you post some download-URL(s) of your cd-image? > > people.debian.org/~joerg after my next build. > This evening i think. I have to fix the Bug in the Image from > yesterday. :)

Ok, nice.

hint: I don't understand, that you wait with this upload all the time. You build now the 3 (or 4(?)) time the image and don't upload one of this image to the public...

you can: 1.) run your scripts on people.debian.org and you don't need a upload with 128k... 2.) after your first upload use rsync.

next hint: If you have dsl and you build new images at home: you can configure rsyncd on your local computer. Last year we use rsync with isdn...

Gruss Grisu -- Michael Bramer - a Debian Linux Developer http://www.debsupport.de PGP: finger grisu@db.debian.org -- Linux Sysadmin -- Use Debian Linux "You don't say what kind of CD drive or hard disks you have, but since it is causing you trouble I'll assume it is IDE." -- comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:40:24 +0200 From: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> To: Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> Subject: Re: CD-Image-Download URL

Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> writes:

>> people.debian.org/~joerg after my next build. >> This evening i think. I have to fix the Bug in the Image from >> yesterday. :) > Ok, nice.

ETA in 36 Minutes. :)

> hint: > I don't understand, that you wait with this upload all the time. You > build now the 3 (or 4(?)) time the image and don't upload one of this > image to the public...

First Image totally broken, never burned. Second Image burned, but broken at Install Stage. Third Image: Install works (at least to the point dselect starts, i then killed it, today more testing), uploaded. :)

> 2.) after your first upload use rsync.

Yes. I will do that.

> next hint: > If you have dsl and you build new images at home: you can configure > rsyncd on your local computer. Last year we use rsync with isdn...

A thing i look into today.

Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:22:41 +0200 From: Christian Weerts <cw@familie-weerts.de> To: debian-events-eu@lists.debian.org Subject: CD-Cover -again-

Hi,

I've already added a new front-cover-layout to http://armadillo.ffis.de/debian-cd-lt02/ I suggest you read the Changelog.

I hope it is the last one (for the front). :->

By now I started the back-cover-layout. At this place I would use the DFSG as background and cat some Install-file in an x-tra Box.

Grisu: What about the Sponsors. Do we need to place them on the front-cover? I suggest to place them at the top/bottom of the back-cover and the CD itself. Can you ask the sponsors if they agree to this facility?

Gruss, Christian

-- May the Source be with you...

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:45:01 +0200 From: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> To: Christian Weerts <christian@familie-weerts.de> Subject: Re: CD-Cover -again-

Christian Weerts <cw@familie-weerts.de> writes:

> I've already added a new front-cover-layout to > http://armadillo.ffis.de/debian-cd-lt02/ > I suggest you read the Changelog. > I hope it is the last one (for the front). :->

Hey, das sieht gut aus.

Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 00:41:58 +0200 From: Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> To: Christian Weerts <christian@familie-weerts.de> Subject: Re: CD-Cover -again-

Christian Weerts wrote: > Hi, > > I've already added a new front-cover-layout to > http://armadillo.ffis.de/debian-cd-lt02/ > I suggest you read the Changelog. > > I hope it is the last one (for the front). :->

Looks quite good, but is quite large...

This time I only have three notes :)

The LT logo could use a black border to separate it from the artwork, just similar to what you did with the sticker, however, it doesn't need the same thickness, half would be sufficient, I guess.

Currently the right margin is just plain grey, right? It may be useful to place some text there which gets transparently passed to the surface - needs to be negotiated with the logos, I guess.

The last CD covers contained another note "Fuer Intel-Plattform und kompatible Systeme", it may be useful to add it again, but that can be decided and placed at the last minute.

> By now I started the back-cover-layout. At this place I > would use the DFSG as background and cat some Install-file > in an x-tra Box.

Sounds good. The colours should be similar to the ones used on the fron page.

Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 06:57:29 +0200 From: Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> To: debian-events-eu@lists.debian.org Subject: Re: CD-Cover -again-

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 11:22:41PM +0200, Christian Weerts wrote: > I've already added a new front-cover-layout to > http://armadillo.ffis.de/debian-cd-lt02/ > I suggest you read the Changelog. > > I hope it is the last one (for the front). :->

ok.

> Grisu: > What about the Sponsors. Do we need to place them on the > front-cover? I suggest to place them at the top/bottom of > the back-cover and the CD itself. Can you ask the sponsors > if they agree to this facility?

I hope this is ok.

Lehmanns ask about a text like: "Ein vollständiges CD-Set können Sie bei www.lob.de bestellen"

IMHO this is ok, but lehmanns centric. Can you add something like: "Ein vollständiges CD-Set können Sie unteranderen bei folgenden Distributoren bestellen: http://www.lob.de/ http://www.springer.de/ http://www.linuxland.de/ "

Gruss Grisu -- Michael Bramer - a Debian Linux Developer http://www.debsupport.de PGP: finger grisu@db.debian.org -- Linux Sysadmin -- Use Debian Linux BSD - Wenn Ihr Linux-Root nach dem Sandmännchen schon ins Bett musste... -- Juergen Ernst Guenther

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 03:24:03 +0200 From: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> To: debian-events-eu@lists.debian.org Subject: CD Image

Hi

Woha, i hate slow 128kbit Upstream. But its running and the CD Image will be available at http://people.debian.org/~joerg/lt/ ETA 09:53:00 at 03:20 !

I *REALLY* hope that klecker can do rsync so i dont have to transfer the whole file everytime.

Or that jigdo works. debian-cd is still running to create the jigdo things, so you can use it to build the image with it. First invocation is a looong run. Hmm, "possibly invalid template" for a just generated file is not a good message. So no jigdo yet. But the ISO transfer is running. :)

I also put a debian-cd.tar.bz2 together with the changes i made. That are: The tasks/* files i changed/made. Changes in tools/add_secured.sh to get it work with md5sum from dpkg1.10 Changes in tools/boot/woody/boot-i386.sh to get bf2.4 as the default. The CONF.sh i use for debian-cd now. Just in case you want to have it (as a starting point if you want to take over the image creation/to look at it/etc) :)

CD boots, installs correct (only tested with bf2.4 now, look at the time :) ). I run tasksel and selected all, it trys to install 458new Packages now. The First Setup was German (Lang-Chooser), after reboot everything in English. I test it more tomorrow, now i go to bed. Used 6 hours for this thing, enough for now. :)

Now the changes i made since last version:

It now builds correct Release files. Was a bug between my dpkg 1.10, the md5sum from it and the script assuming other output.

Changed the Order of the Kernel Images at boot time. Now 2.4 comes first and is the default for this CD.

Added Readme.Linuxtag.

Removed: xemacs21

Tha gives MUCH free Space. Even with the addition of the following packages we have an Image with only 622 MB today. So we have enough place to add missing files or packages. Note that these package lists only mention the package we want, everything it depends on and everything it recommends is added automagically.

Added: alsa-base alsa-headers alsa-modules-2.4.18-386 alsa-modules-2.4.18-686 alsa-source alsa-utils alsaconf analog apt-listchanges apt-spy aumix cdbakeoven cdda2wav cdrecord debfoster debian-policy deborphan devfsd ding evolution ez-ipupdate gcombust gimp1.2-perl gimp1.2-print gnupg hdparm icewm-experimental icewm-gnome icewm-lite mailfilter mkisofs nmap xchat xpdf

Todo for the next CD: German Documentation. Fix errors i find in testruns with the CD Everything you say :)

Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:48:40 +0200 From: Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> To: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> Subject: Re: CD Image

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 03:24:03AM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote: > Woha, i hate slow 128kbit Upstream. > But its running and the CD Image will be available at > http://people.debian.org/~joerg/lt/ > ETA 09:53:00 at 03:20 ! > > I *REALLY* hope that klecker can do rsync so i dont have to transfer > the whole file everytime.

you can use rsync all the time per ssh

> Tha gives MUCH free Space. Even with the addition of the following > packages we have an Image with only 622 MB today. So we have enough > place to add missing files or packages. Note that these package lists > only mention the package we want, everything it depends on and > everything it recommends is added automagically.

have test the package file with 'apt-cache unmet'? hint: dselect need all Recommends packages...

If someone put the image on a mirror and/or on a rsync-able server, mail this please...

Gruss Grisu -- Michael Bramer - a Debian Linux Developer http://www.debsupport.de PGP: finger grisu@db.debian.org -- Linux Sysadmin -- Use Debian Linux "Ein Computer ist nunmal ein Hochgeschwindigkeitstrottel." -- Jens Dittmar in de.comp.os.unix.linux.newusers

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:55:28 +0200 From: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> To: Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> Subject: Re: CD Image

Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> writes:

>> I *REALLY* hope that klecker can do rsync so i dont have to transfer >> the whole file everytime. > you can use rsync all the time per ssh

Fine.

>> only mention the package we want, everything it depends on and >> everything it recommends is added automagically. > have test the package file with 'apt-cache unmet'? hint: dselect need > all Recommends packages...

Recommends should be fine. debian-cd has Options to add all Recommended Packages automagically, so they should be there. Suggests not, that Option is not on. I try it after FH. Now I only update the cdromlist and then Im away til 1600 or 1700. :)

Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 07:08:18 +0200 From: Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> To: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> Subject: Re: LT CD, Second Try

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 09:17:17PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote: > Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> writes: > > Joerg: > > - thanks for your work > > - can you send a 'find /cdrom/' from your cd > > Done. cdromlist.bz2 on my site.

thanks.

> Hmm, i should remove all those empty subdirs :)

better you remove all !english and !german doc from the cd. like ./dists/woody/main/disks-i386/3.0.22-2002-04-03/doc/da ./dists/woody/main/disks-i386/3.0.22-2002-04-03/doc/it ...

> > others: > > - Have someone time and can make really german BFs ? > > Setup is multi-lingual. Everything after it I dont know, i made > something bad with the CD :)

no, only the first step is german, the second step is all time in english.

Gruss Grisu -- Michael Bramer - a Debian Linux Developer http://www.debsupport.de PGP: finger grisu@db.debian.org -- Linux Sysadmin -- Use Debian Linux "He who says disk space is free, thinks money grows on directory tree."

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:43:58 +0200 From: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> To: Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> Subject: Re: LT CD, Second Try

Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> writes:

>> > - thanks for your work >> > - can you send a 'find /cdrom/' from your cd >> Done. cdromlist.bz2 on my site. > thanks.

Its not from the actual one, i built that in a few minutes.

>> Hmm, i should remove all those empty subdirs :) > better you remove all !english and !german doc from the cd. like > ./dists/woody/main/disks-i386/3.0.22-2002-04-03/doc/da > ./dists/woody/main/disks-i386/3.0.22-2002-04-03/doc/it > ...

Add german, remove others, yes, on todo.

>> > others: >> > - Have someone time and can make really german BFs ? >> Setup is multi-lingual. Everything after it I dont know, i made >> something bad with the CD :) > no, only the first step is german, the second step is all time in > english.

Yes. Until reboot german, all other English.

Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 07:44:39 +0200 From: Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> To: Debian-Events <debian-events-eu@lists.debian.org> Subject: Sponsor-Uebersicht ...

Hallo

Ich schreibe jetzt mal in Deutsch, geht schneller (wenn auch nicht fehlerfreier)

Ich habe mit folgenden Firmen Kontakt aufgenommen und folgende Antworten bekommen:

Springer Antwort kommt am Mi/Do Lehmanns ok credativ ok LinuxLand ? trustsec ? univention ok Techtrade/UFG ok

Dabei bedeutet ein '?' 'keine Rückmeldung'. Diese werde ich gleich per Telefon versuchen zu bekommen.

Als Geldbetrag sind Beträge von 250-500 Euro je Sponsor genannt worden (bzw. Aussagen wie 'so wie im letzten Jahr'). Ich möchte aber alle soweit gleich halten und versuchen von allen den gleichen Geldbetrag zu bekommen.

Also eine CD ist von Geld her möglich. Nur die Auflage steht noch nicht ganz fest.

Soweit das.

Nun müssen wir uns über den Inhalt unterhalten:

Jetzt wo die Images online sein sollten, müssen wir diesen testen und wir brauchen positive Rückmeldungen!

Ich habe nicht vor eine ungetestet CD herauszugeben und das Geld fremder Leute zu verbrennen. (Auch wenn sowas an der Börse zeitweise Mode ist.)

Zu meinen Zeitplan: Ich möchte am Do. alle Sponsoren anschreiben/anrufen und die Sachen in trockene Tücher bringen. Dann am Freitag die Bestellung/Absprache beim Presswerk machen. Am Montag brauche ich dann alles...

Bevor ich nicht deutlich mehr ACKs als NACKs von den Testern bekommen habe (und selber einen Test gemacht habe) werde ich keine CDs zum Presswerk senden. Im Zweifel werden wir eben keine CDs auf dem LT haben ..

(andere) Meinungen sind natürlich immer erwünscht.

Gruss Grisu, bitte immer auch ein CC: -- Michael Bramer - a Debian Linux Developer http://www.debsupport.de PGP: finger grisu@db.debian.org -- Linux Sysadmin -- Use Debian Linux Weiß vielleicht jemand warum ich meine Freundin ständig anrufen soll, seitdem sie ihr neues Handy mit Vibrationsalarm hat? (Volker Flohr in daa'ooo)

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:10:44 +0200 From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> To: Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org>, Debian-Events <debian-events-eu@lists.debian.org> Subject: Re: Sponsor-Uebersicht ...

* Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> [20020514 07:44]: > Jetzt wo die Images online sein sollten, müssen wir diesen testen > und wir brauchen positive Rückmeldungen!

I haven't followed the discussions too closely. We are talking about http://people.debian.org/~joerg/lt/woody-i386-1_NONUS.raw, right?

-- Martin Michlmayr tbm@cyrius.com

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:53:05 +0200 From: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> To: debian-events-eu@lists.debian.org Subject: Re: Sponsor-Uebersicht ...

Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> writes:

> * Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> [20020514 07:44]: >> Jetzt wo die Images online sein sollten, müssen wir diesen testen >> und wir brauchen positive Rückmeldungen! > I haven't followed the discussions too closely. We are talking about > http://people.debian.org/~joerg/lt/woody-i386-1_NONUS.raw, right?

Yes Sir.

Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:52:32 +0200 From: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> To: Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> Subject: Re: Sponsor-Uebersicht ...

Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> writes:

> Ich schreibe jetzt mal in Deutsch, geht schneller (wenn auch nicht > fehlerfreier)

Die Sprache wünsch ich mir in der Liste schon die ganze Zeit. :))

> Jetzt wo die Images online sein sollten, müssen wir diesen testen und wir > brauchen positive Rückmeldungen!

Ja, her damit. :) Eine hab ich bereits, ich soll XEmacs21 wieder draufbringen. Platzmässig ein Problem, da müsste mittlerweile glaub ich was fliegen. Her mit Nominierungen dafür. Genaueres seh ich heute nachmittag/abend wenn ich wieder drangehe, ich muss in Kürze erstmal Richtung FH stiefeln (igitt, BWL Vorlesung).

> Ich möchte am Do. alle Sponsoren anschreiben/anrufen und die Sachen in > trockene Tücher bringen. Dann am Freitag die Bestellung/Absprache beim > Presswerk machen. Am Montag brauche ich dann alles...

Am Montag das fertige Image? Oder gibst Du bekannt ob das Presswerk einen "letzten" Termin nannte?

> Bevor ich nicht deutlich mehr ACKs als NACKs von den Testern bekommen > habe (und selber einen Test gemacht habe) werde ich keine CDs zum > Presswerk senden. Im Zweifel werden wir eben keine CDs auf dem LT haben > ..

Joo, wobei das eher als schlecht zu bewerten ist. Naja, ich hab die nächste Zeit nix weiter vor. Alle anstehenden Arbeiten verschoben, meine Urlaubspläne sind eh fürn Arsch, also Zeit genuch was zu tun. Und wenn wirklich dringend wird hab ich sogar Telefon, siehe db.d.o. :)

BTW: Wenn hier jemand ist dem ein CDIMage zu laden zuviel ist: Bescheid geben. Da mein Testsystem mit CDRW nix anfangen kann brenn ich sowieso immer CDR. Und nach erfolgtem Test kann ich die dann auch versenden. Falls einer will.

-- begin OjE-ist-scheisse.txt bye, Joerg Encrypted Mail preferred! Registered Linux User #97793 @ http://counter.li.org end

-- Trouble with Windows? Reboot! Trouble with Unix? Be root!