Re: Booth equipment for LinuxTag

From: Christian Kurz (shorty@debian.org)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 15:55:55 CEST

    On 01-06-30 Eduard Bloch wrote:
    > Christian Kurz wrote on Sat Jun 30, 2001 um 12:25:38PM:
    > > > and equipment. And evtl. another person helping him. The persons should
    > > > be marked with a colored shawl. Or can anyone get yellow and blue rings,
    > > > like the Spiess/UVD-Schlaufe by the german "Bundeswehr"?

    > > Well, do you really think we need shifts? What you are here suggesting

    > Do you know Murphys laws? With this lots of hardware we will need always
    > anyone that keeps an eye on the stuff.

    But do we really need hardcoded shifts like the kde people are using
    them? Isn't is possible to coordinate this by common sense?

    > > is that we have always one or two responsible persons for the booth. And
    > > I agreed with that part too, but I don't think we'll need some badge to
    > > mark those people. I not marked for being at the booth in the list from

    > Okay, a special mark may be a bit exxagerated, but there should be
    > someone.

    Yeah, so let's collect some names of people who would help with this
    task. Like I stated in my previous mail, I maybe able to help out with
    this, but currently I have the feeling that some people would rather not
    see my doing this and maybe not see my at lt. (Nothing personal, but
    just my current feeling of the situation.)

    > > > I think, if a press guy ask someone, he should report the things that he
    > > > can good report about, periodicaly commenting that we are a big
    > > > community (but don't compare with a borg collective, please). For other

    > > What is a borg collective? I have no clue about StarTrek, so would you
    > > mind explaining that one?

    > Complicated... A large community of cyborgs. They assimilate humans,
    > implant lots of technical instruments into the bodies and neural
    [...]

    Thanks for the helpful explanation.

    Christian

    --