Re: Boothservice LinuxTag 2001+ Software recommendation

From: Christian Kurz (shorty@debian.org)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 15:53:03 CEST

    On 01-06-30 Martin Schulze wrote:
    > Christian Kurz wrote:
    > > > random developers. Sound cool? Will be cooler. It's a special hacking
    > > > center with tables, chairs, power and net.connectivity. It's designed
    > > > especially for those with a laptop who don't have booth service and would
    > > > like to code. It's open, so expect visitors around you.
    > >
    > > So you expect all developers to have a laptop? I hope not, because for
    > > example I don't have one and currently I'm very happy about this. More
    > > free time for other issues, which are not computer-related.
    >
    > In that case the Hacking Center is not ment for you as developer but
    > only for you as visitor. Is this a problem for you? Like I said, it
    > is designed especially for those with a laptop. If this precondition
    > is not matched, it's not for you.

    I just asked because I wonder if everyone of the kde developers has a
    laptop and will really bring them along. So their way of using the
    RedHat labs and maybe using sponsored RedHat pc's sounds like a better
    solution then relaying on developers to bring along laptops.

    Christian

    --
               Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)