Re: [LT Infomail#2] Urgent issues - Debian

From: Torsten Landschoff (torsten@debian.org)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 00:01:26 CEST

    Hi Joey,

    As nobody else answered I guess I will take the torch.

    On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 12:14:54AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
    > 1. A place for the night
    > URGENT
    > [...]
    > In order to make proper assumptions and to tell others how many and
    > who wants to stay there, I'd like to ask everybody who wants to
    > attend the show and who would like to use this potential offer to
    > drop me a line. This request is *urgent*. We already missed one
    > possibility since they requiered an exact list on Monday (May 30th).

    I wonder if everybody reported to Joey already since nothing appeared
    on this list. We should really collect who wants to stay on LinuxTag
    I think.

    The people I expected to bring with me are

    - myself :-) (I need a place to sleep but I could as well lodge in a
      youth hostel)
    - David Spreen: He does not know yet if he can get away from school for
      LinuxTag
    - Roland Bauerschmidt: As expected the most dependable on my list.
      He answered fastest and will be there. Probably he will get there
      by plane though but he wants to drive back with us.
    - Daniel Mester: No answer yet. Roland, do you have a way to contact
      him?

    The persons I would expect to be there are

    - Martin Schulze ;-))
    - Henning Heinold
    - Christian Kurz
    - Norbert Tretkowski
    - Michael Bramer
    - Juergen A. Erhard
    - Alexander Benner
    - Alexander Reelsen
    - Marcelo Magallon
    - Oliver M. Bolzer
    - Federico Di Gregorio

    At least that is the list of person I met on the last fairs I attended
    to in Germany.

    > 2. Exhibition Newspaper
    > [...]
    > Each project is able to submit the following information:
    > . Name (I have that already)
    > . URL (I have it already)
    > --> Logo (EPS or TIFF), high resolution (your job)

    I will leave that for the Debian press contact for germany who does
    probably know better ;-) Or do you want me to provide something here,
    Joey?

    > There are some logos available from last year's LinuxTag. They
    > only have a low resolution but would probably be better than
    > nothing. Unfortunately there seems to be no easy way to extract
    > them out of the database and I do lack severe amounts of time at
    > the moment. If somebody has some time to share, I'd appreciate a
    > .tgz file with all logos from last year stored.

    Okay, but where are these logos to be found? Is that data at least
    available from your web pages? I would not have any issues with
    writing some perl scripts or downloading the images manually.

    Thanks

            Torsten