Re: Vorfuehrungen LinuxTag

Subject: Re: Vorfuehrungen LinuxTag
From: Ronald Lembcke (es186@fen-net.de)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 13:01:46 CEST

Hi!

> On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 12:57:56AM +0200, Ronald Lembcke wrote:
> > Ever tried running bb on a computer with hercules-mga-card?
> > It's surprising how well it works (with or without framebuffer)
> > StarCraft works well for me... if I'm able to bring my computer with me
> > I could run it...
>
> sorry for my ignorance but what is starcraft? :)
Starcraft is a Realtime-Strategie-Game for Windows
(somehow similar WarCraft (there's a linux port/clone?), or Command & Conquer)

> and hercules-mga ... bb ... connection? do we have such a
hercules-mga: Hercules Monochrome Graphics Array...
Alte Monochrom-Grafikkarte?

bb is an ascii-art-demo for the aalib (ascii-art-library) which can
render grafiks in textmode. For example you can play Quake
on a text-terminal with it in aalib.

Und weg...
          Roni (aka _crash || hsarc_)