Re: Vorfuehrungen LinuxTag

Subject: Re: Vorfuehrungen LinuxTag
From: Goswin Brederlow (goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 21:31:10 CEST

I though that it might be a good idea to be able to show how to
install Debian using bochs and/or vmware (if they send me a testkey).
Maybe some people have questions how the installation looks like under
Debian.

> 2000 at 04:05:01PM +0200, Roland Rosenfeld wrote:

>> the > > alpha with a small patch, but it doesn't run stable on
>> alpha > > but segfaults after a minute. So bb should run on a
>> different > > machine (preferably a i386).
>>
>> > Use "-mieee" and it should run through. I realy like it. >
>> Gotta test it on my Alpha again.
>>
>> Compiling with -mieee doesn't help here. bb still dies with a
>> segmentation fault after 3:53 minutes :-(

> This is a long int/int (?) error in bb. But I (as bb
> maintainer) don't have a alpha and I don't find this bug in bb.

Falk Hueffner found the error (hope he send in a fix already). Anyway
I have a working version. bb still needs mieee though.

MfG
        Goswin