Re: strategy package list

Subject: Re: strategy package list
From: Roland Rosenfeld (roland@spinnaker.de)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 21:47:15 CEST

Roland Bauerschmidt schrieb am Montag, den 22. Mai 2000:

> Do we need both communicator and navigator?

If we have enough space on the CD: YES! I personally think, that only
the navigator is needed (needs less memory than communicator) and use
powerful mail- and newsreaders instead of the one in communicator. On
the other hand communciator is the only S/MIME client, available in
Debian and new Linux users may like communicator...

> Shall we take the glibc 2.0 or the libc5 versions?

The libc5 version is much more stable. AFAIC the advantage of the
glibc2 version is the multibyte support, but this doesn't matter for
most Germans but for Asians...

Tschoeeee

        Roland

--