Re: Flyers?

Martin Schulze (joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE)
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 01:48:04 +0200

Juergen A. Erhard wrote:
> The problem with those flyers is they are in German...
>
> (I *told* everyone it would be better to do bilingual flyers... ;-)
>
> Yes, there will be quite a number of Germans in attendance... but even
> those will expect stuff to be in English.

I doubt. Most of the attendies do understand German btw. This should
not be a major problem, though I'd appreciate if we would be able to
provide international docs as well.

> So... translate the LT version? Rewrite and translate? Gotta hunt
> for my copy...

I would rather like to see some poeple work on general flyers about
the Debian Project and the Debian Distribution *after* such an event,
so there is no time pressure. This would mean to use free tools
(Soenke: hint, hint) for the design and work on new content, both
in English and in German

However, if you would decide to translate the LT version, go ahead.
But you have to face the fact that you won't be able to fit the
time schedule anymore. Ok, there is a slight chance only if you're
going to work like a maniac like kju did for these flyers.

No question is too silly to ask, but, of course, some are too silly
to answer.   -- Perl book
-