Re: Stand auf dem Linux Kongress (fwd)

Frank Neumann (franky@viona.de)
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:56:53 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,
Othmar wrote:

[..uhm..actually he didn't quite get the idea of what a "private mail"
means..but I don't care very much..]

> he is going to make a little animation with the swirl logo with some
> light effects. the other things, touchtablet with gimp, ttf are set up
> fast according to him.

No promises. I have to see if I'm still as fluent in POV as I once used
to be (~ 5 years ago.. :-).

Another little suggestion for our booth: When we drove home from the Linuxtag
in Kaiserslautern, I took a poster with me that Torsten Landschoff had
produced (I think..). It's the swirl with the "Debian" text below it. I'll
bring that with me so we can glue it onto a wall in the rear of our booth
(maybe there are better things to do, this is just an offer).

One more idea I had of what we could demo is a more-or-less complete
production cycle of turning a simple Debian base system into a Webserver:
Installing apache/boa/whatever, designing the content (BlueFish/Galway?),
designing decor elements (Gi...you know what ;-), creating animated
gifs (whirlgif etc), connecting to a mySQL database etc..though I don't
know very much about the latter :-}), maybe also creating a News system
a la slashdot with a package like "Edcom" (not packetized for Debian
yet, *hint* http://edseek.com/developers.shtml).

Just ideas, as usual,
Frank

PS: Anyone able to bring a SANE-supported scanner with him?
-
To unsubscribe: send mail to Majordomo@Infodrom.North.DE with the
text "unsubscribe debian-events-de" in the message body.