Sorry

Christian Meder (meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de)
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 00:05:17 +0200

Hi,

after some serious consideration on the circumstances of the Debian
booth at the Linuxkongress I decided that I won't take part for
these reasons:

* there are already four Debianites visiting so the free tickets are
gone and I don't intend to spend close to 400 DM + food + accomodation
(which is IMHO more like a commercial show than a free software
meeting; after all Debian is part of the community which produces
free software)

* my main intention was to help the Debian booth so if there are
enough people I happily stay home

and a last minor point

* I'm slightly annoyed by the provided limited free seats from
Linuxkongress (compared to Linuxtag which was a volunteer effort and
still managed to provide around 15-20 Debianites with free tickets
to the social event) and I'm not interested in supporting this kind of
attitude

Sorry for not showing up,

                                Christian

PS.: shorty, please scratch my name from the list you send to the
orgateam.

--
Christian Meder, email: meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de

What's the railroad to me ? I never go to see Where it ends. It fills a few hollows, And makes banks for the swallows, It sets the sand a-blowing, And the blackberries a-growing. (Henry David Thoreau) - To unsubscribe: send mail to Majordomo@Infodrom.North.DE with the text "unsubscribe debian-events-de" in the message body.