Re: using Debian money to buy and handle booth stuff (Re: Disappointment about the appearance of our CLT booth)

From: Rene Stegmaier <rene_at_rr47.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:20:38 +0100

On 23.03.2009, at 16:57, Michael Banck wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 04:39:23PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
>>> I asked the FOSDEM and Cebit
>>> booth organizers whether they could use it, but the booths were too
>>> small each time for it apparently.
>>
>> Having been at FOSDEM and at last years CeBIT booth, I disagree.
>
> Well, I was there (FOSDEM) as well and thought it would have fit,
> but it
> was hard to tell beforehand. Anyway, that's past now, what's the next
> event coming up? LinuxTag?
>
>> On Sonntag, 22. März 2009, Michael Meskes wrote:
>>> Where do we have CDs that could have been send?
>>
>> (AFAIK we dont have any yet.)
>>
>> Maybe this would be a good opportunity to spend some Debian money on
>> (see thread on -vote), to produce 1-2000 lenny DVDs or so?
>
> Now that we have reasonable multi-arch netinst-CDs and multi-arch
> DVDs,
> the effort to produce them should be greatly reduced compared to
> earlier
> LinuxTag editions where Joerg spent countless hours mastering them.
>
> So I guess it is a matter of finding sponsors and pointing a CD/DVD
> printer company to the .iso, plus see about shipping.

at CeBit Ingo Wichmann from Linux-Hotel said that they will spend
some money or a CD production of lenny CDs.
Please contact him directly via iw_at_linux-tag.org

>> Also I think it would be a good idea to spend Debian money on
>> buying a
>> shippable case, stuff it with booth stuff (like a banner,
>
> Even though a beamer is high on the list for about every event we
> have,
> I am not convinced it's really necessary. Booth sizes seem to go down
> in general, and you need not only a beamer but also a canvas or
> something similar to actually use it, plus the space.
>
> And then, we'd need something to display. Just showing the Debian
> homepage on the standard GNOME/KDE desktop doesn't warrant that.
>
> There are ideas floating around (a customized BB, a rolling OOo
> presentation, the d-i babelbox), but nothing which is fire-and-forget
> for booth personell right now.

Ganneff (and me) customized BB at CeBit with some facts about Debian.
That was the ey-catcher around. Everyone looks at the BB ;-)

> I think it makes maybe more sense to have a reasonably sized TFT
> display
> available.
>
>> some posters,
>
> As Andreas said, we need a good Lenny poster.
>
>> a money box, laminated pricelists and and and) and then also
>> use Debian money to ship the box from event to event. Maybe even
>> put a
>> small demo machine (without display..) in it...
>
> We still have a donated demo machine (the former GNOME.de demo
> maschine
> I think) we used at Systems 2008 and 2009, but the casing is
> falling off
> all the time and the DVD/CD writer looked broken last time we tried.
> But it might be better than nothing.

at credativs office there are also 3 machines (lufthansa) from the
projekt?
Ganneff correct me if i´m wrong.

This machines were on CeBit 2007 with a demo point a babelbox and a
repo.

cheers,

René