Re: Linuxtag 2004: Different Stuff

From: Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@soziologie.ch>
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 11:36:37 CEST

Am Die, den 18.05.2004 schrieb Michael Banck um 1:28:
> On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 01:03:51AM +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> > Would it be an acceptable sollution, if we would hand out burned CDs
> > on request?
>
> Not entirely related to this, but still: Somebody said we'd have a full
> mirror available. So perhaps we could have put up signs saying 'CDs for
> the following architectures available on demand'. If somebody cares
> about powerpc or whatever, we could burn them a CD which he could fetch
> later on. I've read that in a report from a UK trade show once and it
> sounded pretty cool. This should get automated as much as possible I
> guess.

I just succeeded in building a dual-bootable i386/powerpc image. It's
just a combination of the i386 and powerpc netinst beta4 images and some
manual hacking in the Release file. You can find the image and the
script I used to burn the image on

http://www.soziologie.ch/~steinlin/d-i/netinst-ppc-i386/

This probably needs some more testing, to be sure it is really bootable
on the majority of i386 and powerpc hardware.

If you are still interested in dual-boot images for LinuxTag I will try
to automate and improve this process.

Gaudenz