Re: Linuxtag 2004: Different Stuff

From: Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 01:28:11 CEST

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 01:03:51AM +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> Would it be an acceptable sollution, if we would hand out burned CDs
> on request?

Not entirely related to this, but still: Somebody said we'd have a full
mirror available. So perhaps we could have put up signs saying 'CDs for
the following architectures available on demand'. If somebody cares
about powerpc or whatever, we could burn them a CD which he could fetch
later on. I've read that in a report from a UK trade show once and it
sounded pretty cool. This should get automated as much as possible I
guess.

That means we'd need to really have a full mirror and a fast CD-burner
though, of course.

Michael

--
Michael Banck