[LT Infomail#4] Booths, Furniture, Hacking and stuff

From: Martin Schulze (joey@linuxtag.org)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 16:54:40 CEST

http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2003/infomail-4.html
[ available in a couple of hours ]

1. Booth Map

     Some of you already noticed that I put a [49]map of our booths
     online. Unfortunately most of them were only temporary versions on
     which we had to continue to work on. However, I wholeheartly hope
     that the current version is the final version as well. If you have
     any further questions concerning your booth, please drop me a line
     or call me at +49 721 3720 4224.

     49. http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2003/standbau.png

2. Hacking Area

     This year we will be able to use the unused part of the exhibition
     hall again for off-site hacking and stuff. The unused area is
     located above of the booths F5, F21+G12+G13 and G17+G21+G31.
     Network and power can be exported from those booths.

     However, I don't think that there will be much more tables and
     chairs left over after all projects booths are equipped properly.
     Hence, if you don't want to sit on the floor, it would be a good
     idea to take some camping chairs or something with you.

3. Garbage

     We will provide you with garbage bags in our office. Please drop by
     if you need additional garbage bags. Please drop them at the booth
     in the back area so that visitors are not offended by a dirty booth
     with garbage. You can get as much bags as you need, so you don't
     have to clutter the booth with garbage.

     It would help us a big if you could move filled up bags to a
     garbage container on your own when the exhibition closes at the end
     of the day. On the way back, just drop by at the office for new
     bags.

4. Social Event

     Contrary to what I wrote in my last mail, the social event will not
     take place in the substage location but in lower floor of the
     Stadthalle, where the conference takes place. The price stays the
     same, though. Those who are listed as staff will be able to use
     reduced fees (EUR 15.00). For everybody else the price will be
     EUR 25.00. The tickets can be fetched in our office above the
     Gartenhalle.

5. Setting up the booth

     The exhibition center will be open for the entire Tuesday and
     Wednesday, so you can arrrive at any time to fill the booth with
     your equipment. The hall will be open until 10p.m. at least.

6. Booth furniture

     Tables and chairs for the booths will arrive on Wednesday. The
     booths will most probably be set up on Tuesday already. If you want
     tables look more professional, you should use some sort of table
     clothes for them. That'll also reduce chances of damaging the
     tables with sharp computer pieces. Some people suggested blue
     cotton stuff, others suggested white table clothes.

     I still have a few computer desks. If a project would like to use
     one of them, please drop me a line. The projects that already have
     one assigned, are informed.

7. Power and Network

     Please take enough power cords and switches with you. The same
     applies to network equipment, please take enough patch cables with
     you. To wire booths locally (both inside a booth and to connect two
     booths) you'll need long cables.

8. Pictures / Photos

     If you take pictures taken at LinuxTag please let me know the
     location of your gallery so I can add it to the [50]pictures page,
     just like last year.

     50. http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2003/pictures.html

See you in Karlsruhe,

        Joey