Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Long printouts from Epson printers

From: Till Kamppeter (till.kamppeter@gmx.net)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 09:31:40 CEST

    Robert L Krawitz wrote:

    > I just got a report that by modifying the length limits in the
    > library, someone was able to print an 11.3x56" print out of a Stylus
    > Photo 1270. I think I'm going to bump all of those printers up to
    > allowing 1200" printouts (same as the Stylus Pros). Most interesting!

    See www.refill-faq.de on how to equip an inkjet printer with external
    ink barrels, otherwise you will have a problem with 1200" printouts.
    Perhaps we should break the world record in the biggest digital printout
    on next year's LinuxTag in Stuttgart/Germany. There I had a booth with
    Grant Taylor, Michael Goffioul and others about free software printing
    and I will probably set up such a booth next year, too. This would be a
    nice demonstration would Linux is able to and Windows (once the driver
    does not do it, and second, Windows would not run continuously for
    several days) not. We could let the printer print the whole 4 days of
    the event and see how many miles it will do. We must only find a paper
    company which makes for us a really long roll of paper.

    Another thing:

    The "lpr" man page (standard BSD lpr, but also GNU lpr, not LPRng) will
    have its 10th birthday tomorrow. Let's celebrate it.

       Till