Re: machine list

From: Jan-Hendrik Palic (palic@billgotchy.de)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 21:06:37 CEST

Hi ..

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 05:00:15PM +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:
>> Is there already a decision on which machines will be showed the booth ?
>> I would like to start preparing the machines I will take to LT2003.
>Not yet - so let's make one. I would have asked this weekend anyway :-).
>Following is a list of machines that were offered up to now:
>
>mips: Indy R4k4 24Bit 192MB (Gromitt, but only with a large question mark
> due to transport problems)

The question mark is a bit smaller .. It seems, that I will take with
someone bye to LT2003 ...
I have an Indy cam, too. ;)

> Indy R4k4SC-200 8Bit with Indycam (Thiemo)
> possibly Indy R5k (Ralf)
> Indy R4k6PC-133 (Peter)
> Indy R4k6PC-133 (Karsten)

>mipsel: Personal DECstation 5000/50 (Thiemo)
> DECstation 5000/150 (Karsten)

I hope, perhaps, to take my Cube with me ;)
After getting the right Powersupply ...

>mips: Indy R4k4SC-200 8Bit with Indycam (Thiemo)
> (as this is the fastest Indy that is definitely available)
>mipsel: Personal DECstation 5000/50 (Thiemo)
> DECstation 5000/150 (Karsten)
> Cobalt NASRaQ (Karsten)
>ppc: iBook (Gromitt)
> PPC development board (Peter)
>arm: TuxScreen (Peter)
> ARM development board (Peter)
>alpha: PWS500 (Peter)
>hppa: Gecko (Karsten)

ok

>Unfortunately we don't have any SPARC machine yet. Flo, how about you?
>Will you take part and bring your Ultra with you?

that will great ..

>If you are interested in other boxes, I won't say no. To mind comes Peter's
>ANS and the Dreamcast. If Peter would like to show his C240, I can leave out
>the Gecko, but we should have at least one hppa box there. The C240 is a lot
>faster than the Gecko, on the other hand the Gecko has better hardware
>support (X). What should we take? Regarding m68k, I'd say: optional, if
>space and transport capacity permits.
>
>Joey, can you give a rough estimate about available booth space?
>A booth in the form of last year - not deep, but long, would be perfect.

A booth as last year would be great. It was perfect ... ;)

>For the non-Linux stuff:
>- Peter's 24-Port-Switch
>- Peter's Portmaster (it has one major advantage over the DEC
> terminalserver: it has standard DB25 connectors, the DECserver
> has only RJ45 and needs special cables)
>- Karsten's X-Terminal to show X applications on machines that do
> not have local X support (like the C240 and the DECstations - at least
> I doubt that X will work until LinuxTag :-)

        Regards
                        Jan

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..