#LinuxGER

Stadt in Missouri heisst jetzt "Linux"

Martin Schulze (joey@kuolema.Infodrom.North.DE)
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 11:39:15 +0200

Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 11:39:15 +0200
From: Martin Schulze <joey@kuolema.Infodrom.North.DE>
To: #LinuxGER offline <linux-ger@infodrom.north.de>
Subject: Stadt in Missouri heisst jetzt "Linux"

Moin,

das hier ist zu herrlich, ich muss es einfach zitieren. Wird da doch
eine Stadt nach dem Betriebssystem benannt. Drollig.

http://segfault.org/story.phtml?mode=0&id=35dc8675-08ac2da0

General Humor Missouri Town Changes Name to 'Linux'

LINUX, MO -- The small Missouri town of Linn, county seat of Osage
County, annouced yesterday that it will be henceforth called 'Linux'.
Mayor Bob Farrow said, "Linn needed something to put it on the map. A
few weeks ago my daughter mentioned that she installed Linux on her
computer and how great she thought it was. I thought to myself, 'Self,
changing the town's name to 'Linux' could be an opportunity to attract
attention -- and money -- to our town. We could even hold a Linux
Convention at the community center.' So I approached the city council
about the idea, and they loved it. The rest is history."

Farrow's daughter is organizing the Linux Linux User Group. She hopes
to be able to hold a Linux Convention this fall. "The Linn, er, Linux
community center probably won't be big enough, we'll probably have to
hold it in nearby Jefferson City," she said.

The mayor does have one reservation. "How the hell do you pronounce
Linux?" One of the mayor's contenders in the next election, Mr. Noah
Morals, says he will start an ad campaign calling Bob Farrow "the
Incumbent Liar of LIE-nucks". Needless to say, the mayor usually
pronounces Linux as "LIH-nucks".

Gruesse,

VFS: no free i-nodes, contact Linus  -- finlandia, Feb '94