Re: Reg - IPv6 support for SYSKLOGD

From: Martin Schulze <joey_at_infodrom.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:57:00 +0200

Hi Ricky!

Ricky John wrote:
> Can I merge only IPv6 changes from rsyslog to sysklog?

You'll have to port the changes i assume, but in general it should
work. Please send the final and working diff/patch to this list
when you've been successful.

> As I don't want all the features supported by rsyslog and i want to
> decrease size of daemon, I need to take only IPv6 changes to sysklog
> project from rsyslog project.
> Can anybody help me in this regard?
> size of rsyslogd is about 200kb after stripping + plug ins
> sysklogd will give syslogd(22k) and klogd(20k).

Wow, that's quite a difference!

If you need a very small syslogd, it may be worth looking at the
busybox syslogd. I have no idea about its IPv6 status.

Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.