Re: LOG_KERN treated as LOG_USER?

From: Joey Schulze <joey_at_infodrom.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:50:08 +0100

Eric Tucker wrote:
> You're right, I see that now. I'm sure I would have noticed that
> if the syslog.c in glibc had had the same #ifdef ALLOW_KERNEL_LOGGING
> or at least a comment that it was intentionally disallowing kernel
> logging from userspace programs. Ah well.
>
> thanks,
> Eric
>
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 09:28:40AM +0100, Rainer Gerhards wrote:
> > Eric,
> >
> > I am replying off-list because I am not 100% sure and have no time to
> > look at the source. As far as I remember, there is a special version of
> > the syslog api that comes with the sysklogd package. So klogd does NOT
> > use the API but its own file (something like syslog.c).

Could you check out the manpages from CVS HEAD and check whether this
should/could be mentioned there? I'd appreciate a patch (or if you're
not familiar with patching, an edited manpage).
http://www.infodrom.org/projects/sysklogd/cvs.php3

Whenever you meet yourself you're in a time loop or in front of a mirror.