Newer RFC Timestamp for syslogd

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhards@hq.adiscon.com)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 11:31:40 CEST

Hello,

this is my first post on your list. I am a developer of syslog-based
solutions on the Win32 platform and have recently begun implementing on
*nix, too. I have come across your package just recently. Thanks for
making it available, it helped my a lot understanding how *nix syslog
works. Besides the thanks, I have a question:

As you probably know, the IETF has recently created some new RFCs and
Intnet Drafts (to become RFCs) on syslog. This work includes additional
header format and specifically an enhanced timestamp format.

I wonder if anyone of you has plans to add the new features to the
package. I would love to see at least the capability to accept the new
timestamp format as valid in syslogd.c and optionally generate it in
syslog.c. I can provide code suggestions if you like me to.

Thanks for your feedback,
Rainer