Re: mail facility doesn't filter out completely

Subject: Re: mail facility doesn't filter out completely
From: Martin Schulze (joey)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 23:04:07 CET

Mark H. Wood wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Martin Schulze wrote:
> [snip]
> > Note:
> >
> > Nov 2 11:48:48 mail popper[30607]: connect from 209.134.12.158
> > `-------------' `--' `----' `---' `--------------------------
> > Date Host ID PID Message
> >
> > Where ID is the name of the logging program normally.
>
> One thing that's bugged me for some time now is that the facility and
> severity are not written to the log. Unless I want to set up MxN
> logfiles, figuring these out requires some guesswork. How many automated

Or run it with `-d' so it prints out <mail.info>foo bar etc.

I'm not going to expand the output format since it would break a lot
of things and is incompatible with any other syslogd around the world.
I can't, however, stop you from doing it on your local copy.

Whenever you meet yourself you're in a time loop or in front of a mirror.
-