Re: FOSDEM booth requested (and rtl-sdr and last t-dose)

From: Daniel Pocock <daniel_at_pocock.pro>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 17:51:43 +0100

On 30/11/17 05:39, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:40:25PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
>
>> The "booth request acknowlegde" just forwarded
>> as https://lists.debian.org/debian-events-eu/2017/10/msg00008.html
>>
>>> Would anybody be interested in operating the RTL SDR demo at the booth?
>
> https://packages.debian.org/rtl-sdr : Realtek RTL2832U Software Defined Radio:
> nice.
>
> O, and help is welcome here -> https://danielpocock.com/fosdem-2018-rtc-cfp <-
> too.

Yes, it would be great to have a Debian presence in the RTC lounge (K
building)

You can't have free RTC without a free OS (which OS am I thinking of?)
so if anybody from the Debian community wants to give a talk in the RTC
dev-room, please apply.

>>> It has been popular at other events and attracts a lot of attention.
>>
>> Yes, that is nice. I would allready like to have it
>> during http://t-dose.org saturday 18 and sunday 19 november.
>
> BTW: The Debian booth over there was nice. We had quite a few volunteers!
>
>>> I can't personally spend too much time at the booth but I'd be happy to
>>> help other people get it going and loan some equipment for it.
>>
>> Where is it documented?
>> I have seen something it like at Planet Debian?
>
> Searched for it, couldn't find it in Daniel's blog.
>
> I'm interested in some documentation too... Is there any? If not, could
> somebody with clue offer some time to explain how to operate the thing?
>
> CU in Brussels,

https://danielpocock.com/quickstart-sdr-ham-radio-gqrx-gnu-radio

and the sequel, with a video at the bottom:

https://danielpocock.com/building-loop-antenna-sdr-shortwave-ham-oscal17

There is also a GNU Radio / SDR booth in the AW building and if anybody
from the Debian community wanted to help in a linkup between the booths
using ham radio then we can make contact with them.

Regards,

Daniel