Re: FOSDEM booth?

From: Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-events-eu-20171019-0_at_mdcc.cx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 20:06:19 +0200

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your interest!

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:50:23AM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> On 19/10/17 09:56, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 09:09:35AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> >> Did anyone ask for a FOSDEM stand already?
> >> The call for participation is here:
> >>
> >> https://fosdem.org/2018/news/2017-09-03-call-for-participation/
> >>
> >> ...with the deadline being november 3rd (i.e., in about two weeks).
> >
> > Thanks for the reminder. Afaik, Geert Stappers requested one, a couple of
> > days ago. Geert: did I understand you correctly?
>
> Would anybody be interested in operating the RTL SDR demo at the booth?
> It has been popular at other events and attracts a lot of attention.

Realtek Software Defined Radio, that is? I'm absolutely clueless about that
but interested anyway :)

> I can't personally spend too much time at the booth but I'd be happy to
> help other people get it going and loan some equipment for it.

I'm not sure yet when exactly I'll be able to help staffing the booth. You
could just drop by early in the morning at the booth, and meet a volunteer
booth staffer you're willing to trust; or, alternatively, wait for
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/be/2018/FOSDEM to get created and contact
a booth volunteer before the conference.

Anyway, _when_ I'm available I'll be happy to assist.

Bye,

Joost