Debian stand @ FOSDEM, 30-31 jan 2016, Brussels (was: Re: [FOSDEM] Call for participation: lightning talks and stands)

From: Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb_at_debian.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 16:48:53 +0100

Hi Wynke e.a.,

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 08:47:51PM +0200, Wynke Stulemeijer wrote:

> We now invite proposals for lightning talks and stands.
<snip>
> FOSDEM offers open source projects the opportunity to display their work
> during the event. At their stand, a project can share information, demo
> software, sell merchandise, give away goodies, and so on, and personally
> interact with the visitors.
>
> What we offer:
>
> - one 180x80cm table, positioned in one of the buildings with developer
> rooms, for the entire duration of the conference. In some cases, a
> second table may be possible, if you have a good reason to need two.
> - two chairs per table
> - one power socket type C/E (if you require adapters or additional
> sockets, please bring them yourself)
> - fast uplink shared wireless Internet access
>
> Further practical considerations:
>
> - The offer for stands is open to open source projects and communities
> - There is no cost or fee for the stands
> - The stand should be occupied by at least two people for the duration
> of the conference.
>
> Submission details:
<snip>
> - Project name

Debian

> - Stand description

We'd like to show some systems running Debian, sell merchandise (Tshirts, mugs,
etc), hand out leaflets and be available for the public to answer questions
about Debian.

https://www.debian.org/

> - Your name and relation to the project

Joost van Baal-Ilić -- Debian developer

> - Why should FOSDEM accept this proposal?

The Debian booth is expected to be there by the FOSDEM audience. We have
a long lasting tradition of working together. People generally are very
eager to visit out booth.

> - Optionally, if requesting two tables, motivation for the second table

I'd guess one table is enough. Perhaps the Libreboot project wants to share
space with us, if needed. In general I'm happy to share space, if needed.

Wynke: thanks a lot for extending the deadline & reminding me about this!
Much appreciated!

See you @ FOSDEM, Bye,

Joost