Debian grant for Chris Hofstader at FOSDEM?

From: W. Martin Borgert <debacle_at_debian.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 21:35:48 +0100

On 2015-11-14 16:44, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
> I think that hearing an expert about the stuff would be interesting. Chris
> Hofstader is member of FSF, he worked for company which develops the most
> famous screen reader (Jaws), and knows fine accessibility for blind people,
> what is to be done from a dev point of view, etc.
>
> Hence my idea to invite him at next FOSDEM, to get involved in Distro and
> Desktops devrooms.

debian-events-eu_at_l.d.o is probably not the right list for a "+1",
therefore I omit it here.

> He accepted to come, but needs to have his travel covered. Could Debian do
> this? He's from USA, so I think it would cost about 2000E. Would it be
> possible? What's the process or who's the contact to do this, so that I put
> him/her in our future mail exchanges if Debian accepts this?

Maybe leader_at_debian.org (Neil McGovern, CCed) is the right one to ask
whether Debian could at least share travel expenses with FSF?
Not sure, but worth a try!

Cheers

PS: For German speakers, there is an interesting interview with him:
http://www.linux-magazin.de/Online-Artikel/Chris-Hofstader-Bessere-Technologie-statt-hoeherer-Dividenden