Re: Linuxtag Germany (Berlin) 2011 -- recap

From: Dmitri Popov <dmpop9mm_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 06:10:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all, It was my first time manning the Debian booth. I'm not sure how useful my help was, but it was fun and a real pleasure to meet you all. Thank you all for your patience and help. I enjoyed thoroughly your company, and I look forward to meeting you next year. Best, Dmitri ----- Original Message ----- From: Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr_at_debian.org> To: debian-project_at_lists.debian.org Cc: debian-events-eu_at_lists.debian.org Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 10:57 AM Subject: Re: Linuxtag Germany (Berlin) 2011 -- recap On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 06:01:57PM +0300, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote: > On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 10:45:38PM +0200, Jan Hauke Rahm wrote: > > All in all, that were great four days. I don't know about official > > numbers about visitors or anything. But I do know that we all had fun, > > that we've met new, interesting people as well as "the old guys" from > > the last few years. I'd like to thank Annette for making the effort and > > organizing everything, Alex for shipping the merch stuff to us, and -- > > of course -- all our helpers at the booth, be that DDs or total newbies. > > I can't list them all -- sorry -- but rest assured, we've had an > > interesting, refreshing, and big team of about 10 to 15 people everyday > > who offered their help. Everyone (as far as I know) was free to see > > whatever talk they liked (except for Zack's talk that everyone wanted to > > hear), and we still kept the booth running. Thanks to all of you who > > registered on the wiki page [3] so we were able to plan; thanks to all > > who just jumped in whenever it seemed neccessary. And special thanks to > > those who worked just as hard and literally just started getting to know > > Debian better! > > ... and, while we are at it, thanks for this report Jan.  I always found > amazing to read about community feedback at events where Debian is > present "in person".  I sometime do a lousy job at reporting about the > events I attend on behalf of Debian (shame on me!), but reading reports > like this one reminds me how useful they are.  Please keep them coming > and encourage other Debian representatives at events to do the same. Absolutely. That's basically something I've learned from you: communicate about the good stuff. :) > For what concerns my own LinuxTag recap, I've unfortunately being able > to attend only one day (Thursday) due to family and work business. > Nonetheless I've been amazed by the warm welcome of LinuxTag-ers for > Debian, something I've also experienced in past LinuxTag editions. Even > though my talk has been scheduled in a not entirely appropriate track, > i.e. the "business application track" [1], and on a non week-end day, > the room was quite packed and people seem to have appreciated yet > another edition of the song & dance in spreading the verb about Debian's > grand role in the ecosystem of Free software.  Various people told me > they were looking forward to attend the other two Debian-related talk by > Alexander and Moritz (see [2] for pointers to the various Debian-related > events at LinuxTag 2011). > > To conclude and disclose, I hereby thank LinuxTag organization for > sponsoring my travel attendance to the conference. +1 Organization was very friendly and worked out great for all of us. Hauke PS: I prefer Hauke over Jan :) -- .''`.  Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr_at_debian.org>              www.jhr-online.de : :'  :  Debian Developer                                www.debian.org `. `'`  Member of the Linux Foundation                    www.linux.com   `-    Fellow of the Free Software Foundation Europe      www.fsfe.org