Re: minidebconf planned in Berlin

From: Andreas Tille <andreas_at_an3as.eu>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:50:12 +0100

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 06:42:03PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 10. Februar 2010, Ferdinand Thommes wrote:
> > We are a group of people that, after an initial idea from Joerg Jaspert,
> > want to organize a mini-debconf in Berlin for LinuxTag 2010. We are not
> > members of Debian directly but come from Skolelinux, sidux or are just
> > strongly related to Debian.
>
> Cool!

Yep (especially because I will not go to main DebConf this year).

> > LinuxTag Berlin is held on June 09 - 12 this year. We plan for a 2 day
> > conference on June 10/11.

The only point I'm not fully comfortable with is the date 11. June - but
there are probably good reasons to use the two days in the middle. It
might be that I will take part only for one day, but that's my personal
problem.

> > Would such a conference draw any of you to LT/Berlin that would not visit
> > the convention anyways?
>
> probably, yes.

It draws stronger than LT/Berlin without a MiniDebconf

> > With the Freeze for Debian 6 drawing closer a BSP would probably be a good
> > idea?
>
> yes

+1

> Great idea!