Re: Video team at FOSDEM 2010?

From: Wouter Verhelst <wouter_at_debian.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 16:04:16 +0100

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 03:30:09PM +0100, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 03:03:23PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
[video]
> Do you have any idea in which room(s) this would be, what kind of
> equipment is in that room already, and if other distros would also
> like to do recording? There are always several teams around.

I've been told we would get 2 rooms of 200 people each. I don't have
further details on the location beyond that at this point; but based on
the size of the rooms, I guess it's going to be in the H building (where
many of the stands usually are, and where the main info desk is, too).

I don't know whether other distros want to do recording. In fact, I
wanted to ask you guys before proposing a video team to the other
distros :-)

> Anyway, we currently only arranged for the equipment for 1 room to
> be here, the rest is already shipped to New York. I think it's
> unlikely that we can get enough camera's to do 2 rooms. So it
> would clearly be easier for us if we only had to do 1 room.

Right; I'll keep that in mind then.

> Do you have any idea at what time we could have access to the
> room? Last year we needed about 30 minutes to set up everything,
> but it might be a larger room this year?

I've been told that the rooms will be availble from 13:00 till 19:00 on
saturday, and from 09:00 till 17:00 on sunday.

The schedule is not at all full, nor does it not look like it will be
before the deadline (2010-01-04), so getting you guys to get some
reasonable set-up time should not be an issue.

trying to fool the system.