Re: [loki@fosdem.org: FOSDEM 2010: Distribution Miniconf]

From: Tom \ <tcallawa_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 10:34:10 -0500

On 10/29/2009 03:35 PM, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> I don't think that's necessarily true. Yes, speakers should assume that
> not just people from their pet distribution will be attending. However,
> FOSDEM is supposed to be technical -- it should be fair game if speakers
> assume pre-existing knowledge about their subject, whether this is a
> programming language or a distribution.

I'm a bit hesitant to suggest this so late in the process for 2010, but
has any serious consideration been given to finding a bigger space for
FOSDEM?

Certainly ULB Campus Solbosh has some history, but I think it is clear
that FOSDEM has outgrown that space, especially with regards to the
hallway tables and the distribution rooms.

~spot