Re: [Fwd: 6. Brandenburger Linux-Infotag: Call for Paper]

From: Sebastian Harl <sh_at_tokkee.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:55:11 +0200

Hi Hauke,

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:58:58PM +0200, Jan Hauke Rahm wrote:
> I'm not a DD (yet). Are there any objections to me preparing a booth for
> this event?

By no means you have to be a DD to prepare a booth. Imho, there's
nothing to be said against you running a booth if you assume there will
be other people around to help out staffing the booth.

> I just talked to 'devil' on #debian.de -- he's going to have
> a sidux booth there. After LinuxTag2009 in Berlin together with sidux I
> think it's worth the idea working together with them again.

Joining efforts sounds like a good idea to me. Imho, it would be nice if
somebody (e.g. formorer or devil) could provide some feedback about how
things went at LinuxTag 2009.

> I'm not experienced in doing stuff like this

Do you know about the Debian events website [1], most notably the
section "Organizing Debian presence"?

Cheers,
Sebastian

[1] http://www.debian.org/events/