Re: Disappointment about the appearance of our CLT booth

From: Jan Wagner <waja_at_cyconet.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 14:26:59 +0100

On Sunday 22 March 2009, Michael Mohn wrote:
> Am 22.03.2009 um 09:34 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> > as the person who became responsible for the booth 5 days ago
> > before the event started I feel obliged to answer here. At first
> > I admit I see your point and I admit that it might not have been
> > the best presence of Debian at a booth. The reasons split up
> > into four parts.
>
> there were only 5 days pre-flight? why? is such an event not sheduled
> at least a year before it takes place?
> thats hard.

The problem was, that the origin organisator of the booth droped out just 6
days before the event. Such things can happen ... in this case, the planed
equipment wasn't available anymore and it lacked in communication.

> > 1. Stuffing the booth with projector and posters.
> > 2. Stuffing the booth with T-Shirts and other fan stuff
> > 3. Attention to visitors.
> > 4. Handing over CDs/DVDs
> >
> > In short: The Debian project did not made the best job at CLT his
> > year but I wonder whether it is rectified to only blame the
> > booth people for this. And we should think twice whether we
> > should really try to copy "professional booth" behaviour for
> > events like this.
>
> i think it is not about copying everything. but instead everyone
> should learn their part. it's all about communication. and a
> communication friendly environment.

Yes, the communication caused the problems for the preparation and stuffing.

With kind regards, Jan.

--
Never write mail to <waja_at_spamfalle.info>, you have been warned!