Second call for talks for the Debian Developers' room at FOSDEM 2009

From: Wouter Verhelst <wouter_at_debian.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 00:34:50 +0100

Hello World,

No, not a call for votes, although they seem quite prevalent these days.

Two weeks ago, I sent out a call for talks for the Debian Devroom at the
upcoming FOSDEM[1]. So far, seven people have expressed interest to hold
a talk[2][3], of which five have definitively confirmed it.

This is promising, but not enough. I've now finally been given a
deadline by the FOSDEM people to send them my schedule, which requires
me to set a deadline for submitting talks for the Debian devroom on the
5th of january; that's only three weeks from now.

If you're interested in holding a talk, but are not sure yet whether you
can make it interesting, or don't yet know whether you'll be able to
make it to FOSDEM, it would still be interesting if you'd let me know
sooner rather than later, so that I know what might be coming.

As a reminder, people who want to hold a talk should send me their name
and a short bio, the title and abstract of the talk, and how much time
they would like to be assigned. Note that this time should include
set-up and questions and should not be more than one hour.

Thanks, and see you in Brussels,

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/12/msg00001.html
    ... or some such. I'm offline right now, but it /was/ the first
    message this month :-)
[2] Or, well, at least seven talks have been proposed. There've been one
    or two suggested talks with more than one speaker listed. Details,
    details...
[3] That is, unless I've missed anyone; if I received your email, you
    should have received a confirmation from me. If you didn't, that
    means I didn't get your mail and you should resend it.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22