Re: FOSDEM: schedule, booth, and devroom volunteers

From: Axel Beckert <abe_at_deuxchevaux.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 22:40:07 +0100

Hi,

Just some short update:

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 12:15:43PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > > Both currently run Etch, so I can promise to show Etch. But maybe I
> > > find time to make an additional Sid installation. Both have enough
> > > free disk space left.
>
> This looks like an interesting idea, actually.

Thanks!

> If you could bring those with something interesting installed on
> them, that would sound nice.

I thought I might show the GNOME based Hildon Embedded Desktop which
recently entered Unstable. Haven't seen it myself yet, but it sounds
promising, especially if I get the touchscreen run on Unstable.

Other things which come to my mind are slim and all new web browsers
like Netsurf and Midori or other more exotic software not so well
known (yet).

I already bootstrapped Unstable on the slower of both machines (took
ages, because cdebootstrap didn't work for some obscure reasons, but
debootstrap did :-), but I haven't yet tested the installation yet.

                Regards, Axel

--
Axel Beckert - abe@deuxchevaux.org, abe@noone.org - http://noone.org/abe/