Debian presence at 24C3

From: Holger Levsen <holger_at_layer-acht.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:34:33 +0100

Dear Debian people,

since 24 years the Chaos Communication Congress (therefore 24C3) takes place
in Germany at the very end of the year. This year it will again feature an
official Debian presence!

You can read more about the congress and all the interesting talks and
workshops at http://events.ccc.de/congress/2007/ - more than 50% of the events
will be in english. (50% is my guess, didnt bother to check the exact number,
might be 70% as well...)

Again, we will have four tables and eight chairs so the "booth" can serve as a
meeting and discussion point, to answer questions like "when will lenny be
ready?", "why is my (nonfree) hardware not supported released?", "isn't
openbsd more secure and more dedicated to freedom?" and so on :)

Like last year we could use a computer with an TFT-display to show off g-i in
more than 50 languages (but we dont have that machine yet...) - it was a bit
depressing to realise last year that many people don't know about the
graphical installer and believe Debian is still installed like 1998.

Also, we plan to give away tshirts, mugs, stickers and other stuff for
donations - so we need YOUR help at the booth!

So if you're involved in Debian (or want to), please join us there and
indicate that you will be doing so at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEventsCCCBerlin

The booth will be opened (as in, there will be more or less valuable stuff on
the table and Debian people around it) every day approximatly from 12.00
until (at least) 20.00, with a lunchtime break from 15.00 to 16.00. We know
there will be lots of intersting stuff going on - so it would be real nice if
you join our chaotic team and staff our "booth" when there are no interesting
events for you!

And if you are thinking whether you should hack at home, go in bars or to the
congress: watch this video: http://chaosradio.ccc.de/ctv104.html ;-)

The 24C3 events will also be streamed on the net, but I hope to see you there,
even if the planning for this has begun rather late... :)
        Holger