FOSDEM call for talks for the Debian devroom

From: Wouter Verhelst <wouter_at_debian.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:24:55 +0200

[motto: I *will* beat LCA this year around in being the first to
 announce this ;-]

Hi all,

Recently it's been confirmed that Debian will be granted a devroom at
the Free and Open Source Developers' European Meeting 2008 (otherwise
known as FOSDEM '08), which, (for now somewhat tentatively[1]), will
happen during the weekend of the 23rd and the 24th of February, 2008 at
its usual venue, Campus Solbosch of the Université Libre de Bruxelles,
Brussels, Belgium. For more information, see [2].

Since that's "only" about four months from now, I'm hereby calling for
talks. As usual, the deadline is "when my schedule is full", and talks
that have a subject matter which involves Debian and which are
appropriate for FOSDEM, given its somewhat technical background, will be
accepted on a first come, first serve basis.

If you're interested in giving a talk in the Debian devroom, you should
contact me with the following information:
- The title of the talk
- A short abstract of the talk.
- Their name, and a bit of background about themselves suitable both to
  be put on the public website and to be used to give the audience a
  short introduction about the speaker;
- The amount of time you think you'll need for your talk, including
  set-up and questions (1 hour max)

Please do keep all of the above short and to the point. I don't like
reading multi-page abstracts; and the abstract isn't a major deciding
factor in whether your talk will be accepted, anyway. Did I mention
first come, first serve?

Anyway, that's it for now. Send in those proposals, and see you at
FOSDEM!

[1] Apparently the ULB bureaucracy is somewhat slow this year, so the
    date isn't 100% sure yet -- but it shouldn't change, really.
[2] http://www.fosdem.org/

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22